About this Manual
This manual packages all of the help topics included with APSplit DE in one file for your convenience. You can use it to:
- Display or print all of the help files at once, rather than topic by topic from the application.
- Learn about APSplit DE, even when you are away from your computer.
What Is APSplit DE?
APSplit DE (Desktop Edition) is an application that breaks PDF documents into smaller files. Depending on your needs, you can use it to extract every single page to a new file, just the odd or even pages, one or more page ranges, or all of the first-level bookmark sections. You can also split documents based on maximum output file size and page count.
How To Get Help with APSplit DE
You can get online help by selecting APSplit DE Help on the Help menu. Following this Welcome topic are a quick start and some tips, three how-to sections, and a detailed description of the tabs, dialog boxes, and menus on the APSplit DE interface:
- APSplit DE Quick Start — outlines general steps for splitting a document
- Splitting Single Files — explains options for splitting a single file
- Splitting Multiple Files — explains options for splitting multiple files
- Establishing Settings — explains additional processing options
- APSplit DE Interface — outlines the interface
If you have questions or problems that are not answered in the online help, look at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in the Support section of the Appligent website to see if the issue is addressed there.
In addition, Appligent provides 30 days of free technical support for APSplit DE. (After 30 days, you must purchase maintenance to continue receiving support.) Support is available by telephone and email.
The Appligent support team tries to keep turnaround for responses to one business day. However, keep in mind that email delivery can be unpredictable at times, and receiving a response may take longer than you anticipate.