What Is StampPDF DE?
StampPDF® DE (Desktop Edition) is a stand-alone desktop application that lets you create stamps and apply them to PDF files without Adobe® Acrobat®. You can also remove the stamps you apply with StampPDF DE.
Stamps can include both text and images. The text may contain any combination of words, numbers, special characters, and dynamic content such as dates, page numbers, Bates numbers, and document information like title and author. The images may be in JPEG, TIFF, or PDF format.
The stamps that you create with StampPDF DE are fully compatible with Appligent’s other stamping products. This means that they can be applied, and subsequently removed, using StampPDF Batch.
Typical stamp workflow
The general procedure for stamping one or more PDF document is as follows:
Create a stamp and save it in a stamp file. You create stamps on the Stamp tab.
Select the files to be stamped, a location for the stamped output, and stamping options. You specify files and stamping options on the Main tab.
Click the Stamp button.
Once you save a stamp file, you can use it over and over again to stamp documents.
If you’d like to try stamping some documents before creating your own stamps, use the sample stamp files supplied with StampPDF DE. They are in the samples subdirectory where you installed StampPDF DE. The default location for the sample files is:
Instructions for selecting menu items follow this convention:
Select File > New StampFile
The above instruction means:
Select the File menu, then select New StampFile from the File menu.
Note: Sections that start with “Note:” are special notes relating to the subject. It is recommended that you read all notes.
The remainder of this manual contains the following chapters:
- Creating and Modifying Stamps — describes how to create and modify stamps
- Creating Stamps – Examples — provides step-by-step examples.
- Applying and Removing Stamps — explains how to apply and remove stamps if needed
- Working with Fonts — describes how to use add more fonts for stamping
- Working with the Log File — explains details of a log file
- StampPDF DE Workspace – Tabs — describes the tabs found in StampPDF DE.
- StampPDF DE Workspace – Menus — describes the menus found in StampPDF DE.
- StampPDF DE Workspace – Dialog Boxes — describes the dialog boxes found in StampPDF DE.
- Troubleshooting — contains tips and hints on solving some common problems.
- Support — tells you how to contact us in case you have any problems working with our software.
You can get online information from the Help Menu > StampPDF DE Help. Please refer to the StampPDF DE Readme file located in the default installation directory for additional information.